Everyone knows the best summer meals are those that require firing up the stove as little as possible. That’s why we looove making these fresh summer rolls.
They’re packed with fresh crunchy things (like cukes and green onions!) and creamy velvety ones (like avocado and tofu!) and are so fast and easy to put together.
Like all of our recipes, we recommend taking this one and making it your own. Got some leftover fried rice? Use it instead of the noodles! Got a fresh mango from your CSA box delivery you don’t know what to do with? Throw it in there in place of the avocado! The possibilities for wrap fillings are endless and we can’t wait to hear what you come up with.
Oh, and don’t forget to try our FIVE MINUTE PEANUT SAUCE RECIPE.
- 4 rice paper wrappers
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 serving soba noodles (cooked, then rinsed off with cold water and set aside)
- half a block of firm tofu (patted dry, cut into sticks)
- half a cucumber (cut into sticks)
- 2 green onions (roughly chopped)
- handful of cilantro (roughly chopped)
- half an avocado (sliced)
- ¼ cup peanuts (roughly chopped)
- ½ cup peanut sauce
- Prep veggies, soba noodles and tofu so that all your fillings are ready for assembly.
- Fill a shallow plate or baking sheet with warm (but not boiling!) water. Submerge one rice wrapper into the warm water, using your hands to hold it under if it starts to fold up. You will feel the rice wrapper start to get soft and sticky. When it feels like it just has reached the point of being gooey and flexible, pull it out from the water and place on a dry plate or cutting board, laying it out as flat as you can.
- Add your fillings to the center of the rice wrapper (a few spinach leaves, tofu sticks, cucumber sticks, avocado, soba noodles, green onions, cilantro, peanuts) being careful to leave 2 inches around the perimeter. Use a spoon to drizzle peanut sauce over the fillings.
- Wrap the rice wrapper up over the fillings like a burrito: bring in the sides first, then roll one end over towards the other. SEE VIDEO FOR HOW TO WRAP.
- Repeat with all 4 wrappers until you have filled and rolled 4 wraps.
- Serve immediately with a side of peanut sauce for dipping.