With a little kick from some red pepper flakes, this warm gooey dip makes the perfect game day snack.
Whether your scene is the Super Bowl or the Puppy Bowl, you’re gonna need something to chow down on during the big game. Cue the Spinach Artichoke Dip.
Ours is made with fresh spinach and scallions to keep it green and is packed with creamy tofu, mayo and artichoke hearts to keep it classic. We’ve also added water chestnuts for a hidden crunch and red pepper flakes for a surprising kick.
Did somebody say touchdown?
- 1 14-oz package of firm tofu, pressed and patted dry (or mostly dry)
- the juice from ½ a lemon
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- 2 tsp dried chives
- 2 tsp nutritional yeast
- 1 14-oz can artichoke hearts, drained and roughly chopped
- 4 oz water chestnuts, drained and roughly chopped
- 1 6-oz bag of baby spinach, roughly chopped
- ½ cup vegan mayo
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 scallions, finely sliced
- 1 cup of shredded vegan mozzarella cheese
- generous dash of salt
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a food processor, combine tofu, lemon juice, onion powder, dried parsley, dried chives and nutritional yeast. Blend until you get a thick, creamy consistency, kind of like cream cheese. A few chunks are okay.
- In a baking dish, combine the tofu cream and all remaining ingredients, reserving half of the cheese. Stir to combine well. Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes, until top just starts to brown. Serve immediately or keep warm in a 200 degree oven until game time.