Don’t tell zucchini, but sometimes I find it hard to get excited about this so-so vegetable. Not anymore! This simple three-step breading process takes these little guys from meh to ZOMG.
Baked Zucchini Fries - ZOMG!
- 2 large or 3 small zucchini, cut into equal sized fry-shaped pieces
- 1 cup of any non-dairy milk
- 1 cup AP flour
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425.
- Set up your assembly line stations in four bowls: zucchini sticks; flour; milk; breadcrumbs mixed with nutritional yeast, salt and pepper
- Dip a zucchini stick in the flour, then dunk it in the milk, dredge it in the breadcrumb mixture and place it on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Repeat until all of the zucchini sticks are breaded.
- Bake for ten minutes, then use a pair of tongs to flip the sticks over.
- Bake for another ten or fifteen minutes, until zucchini breading looks golden brown and crispy.
- Serve with vegan ranch or some warmed marinara.
[…] Baked Zucchini Fries from Martine at Vegan Video Pantry […]