Just because Oktoberfest is over doesn’t mean your annual fling with German food has to come to an end.
This luscious side dish practically cooks itself, so you can whip up our Drunken Sausages while it’s in the oven and you’ve got yourself a meal!
- 1 red cabbage, roughly chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 2 tbsp canola oil (or any high heat oil)
- 1 Fuji apple (or similar variety), diced
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Saute the onions in the oil over medium high heat until they are crispy, brown and fragrant.
- In a large baking dish, combine all ingredients, mixing well to coat.
- Cover and bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and stir, then cover and bake for another 45 minutes.