These simple gooey roll ups are a perfect after school snack for the kiddos or a game day snack for the grown ups. Go Rams!
Lately, I’ve been obsessed with using wonton wrappers. They are easy to find, easy to work with and can be used to roll up almost any ingredients into a yummy bite sized snack or dessert. You can bake them or fry them and get equally crispy results.
Wonton wrappers are usually vegan (check to make sure they don’t have egg in them, as some do) and can be found at major grocery stores or Asian markets. For the cheese filling, we are loving Field Roast’s Creamy Original Chao Slices and Follow Your Heart’s new Provolone Style Slices, but you could also sprinkle some vegan cheese shreds in there if you can’t find the slices. For the vegan pepperoni, you can usually find Yves Veggie Pepperoni at regular grocery stores or Tofurkey Pepp’roni Slices at natural food stores.
These pair perfectly with our Five Minute Ranch or some warmed marinara sauce.
- 15 Wonton Wrappers
- ½ cup Marinara Sauce
- 1 tbsp Dried Oregano
- 5 slices of provolone or mozzarella style Vegan Cheese (we love Chao or Follow Your Heart), or vegan cheese shreds
- 30 vegan pepperoni slices (we like Yves or Tofurkey)
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Stack the vegan cheese slices and cut them into strips, about a half inch wide.
- To fill each roll up: lay out a wonton wrapper, spoon about a teaspoon of marinara sauce into the center, sprinkle with a pinch of oregano, place two strips of cheese (broken in half and overlapping to fit in the wrapper) and place two pepperoni slices.
- Dip your index finger into a bowl of water and wet the edges of the wonton wrapper.
- Roll up the wonton wrapper like a mini burrito, folding in the ends, then wrapping around the sides.
- Dip your finger into the water again and rub it on the seam to seal up the roll up.
- Using a silicone brush, brush olive oil onto one side of the roll up, then place that side down on a parchment lined baking sheet. Repeat with all roll ups.
- Brush oil across the tops of all the roll ups once they are arranged on the baking sheet.
- Bake for ten minutes, then flip and bake for another 5 minutes. They should start to brown on each side and the cheese and sauce will be oozing out in places.
- Serve immediately with ranch dressing or warmed marinara sauce.
Leave a Reply