These muffins are loaded with flax, bananas, oats and chocolate, which all combine to give you a reason to get up in the morning and enough energy to start your day.
Loaded Banana Muffins
Author: The Vegan Video Pantry
Serves: 10-12 muffins
- 2 Tbsp ground flaxseed
- 5 Tbsp water
- 4 ripe bananas
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup vegan butter or neutral oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1.5 cups AP flour
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk water and flaxseed together until frothy, a few minutes.
- Mash bananas into the frothy flax with a fork. Mix in brown sugar, baking soda and salt. Stir in the vanilla and melted butter. Add in flour and mix until a batter starts to form, then toss in the oats and chocolate chips and stir in until just combined.*
- Spoon the mixture into cupcake liners or a greased muffin tin. Fill to the top if you want muffin tops worth writing home about.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until the tops are golden brown. Serve immediately or let cool on a wire rack, then store for up to three days in an airtight container.
*You can make the batter and refrigerate covered overnight, if you want a quick and easy breakfast for the next morning.
Leave a Reply