Whip up this sweet and spicy treat for a wicked party snack.
Most caramelized nut recipes use an egg wash to get that much sought after glossy finish, but we’ve done the trick with that ever-so-versatile plant-based sweetener: maple syrup.
As always, we hope you’ll use our recipe as a jumping off point for your own fanciful creations; feel free to mix and match with different nuts or to experiment with different spices, and let us know how it goes in the comments!
CLICK the video above to WATCH and LEARN this recipe.
PS. Shown here served with a wedge of Vromage, an INCREDIBLE nut-based artisan cheese shop in LA. Check them out if you’re in the area!
- 2 cups Raw Pecans (or other nuts)
- ⅓ cup Maple Syrup
- ½ tsp Smoked Paprika
- ¼ tsp Cayenne Pepper
- ½ tsp Cinnamon
- ½ tsp Kosher Salt
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Mix all of the ingredients in a large bowl to coat the nuts.
- Spread the mixture onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet, making sure not to overlap.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes. ***After ten minutes keep a very close eye on the nuts. They will go from perfectly delicious to burnt charcoal if left in the oven for one minute too long.***
- Let the nuts cool, then break them apart by hand and enjoy!
Hahahahahahah! Roasting FAIL. Amazing. We’ve all been there.