Try this 3-ingredient trick for updating a favorite holiday treat.
Have you heard about the miracle that is Nice Cream yet? You literally just blend some frozen bananas and then it turns into ice cream. I TOLD YOU IT WAS A MIRACLE.
In honor of the fall season and two upcoming pumpkin-centric holidays, we wanted our first Nice Cream video to feature something festive. With just two additional ingredients, this is about as easy as it gets.
Oh and you’re definitely going to want to top your scoops with a sprinkling of maple roasted pecans to really drive home the deconstructed pumpkin pie vibe. Check out our video here for how to make them (omit the cayenne and smoked paprika for a plain maple roasted version).
- 4 frozen bananas (slice them before freezing)
- 3 tbsp pumpkin puree (unflavored)
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Add all ingredients to a food processor.
- Blend until smooth and creamy. Depending on how good your food processor is, you might need to stop and scrape down the sides with a spatula sporadically until everything gets blended. This blending process can take a good 5 minutes, so be patient, but you will get there!
- Taste, add more pumpkin pie spice or pumpkin if necessary and blend until combined. This is your nice cream, so make it as spicy or as pumpkiny as you like!
- Spoon nice cream into a freezer safe container and stick in the freezer until solid (at least an hour).
- Serve with a sprinkling of maple roasted pecans. Yum!