A rich dark chocolate hot cocoa mix that you can make for yourself or give as a gift.
There is something super nostalgic about curling up with a steaming cup of hot chocolate on a blistery winter evening.
The great thing about making your own hot cocoa mix is that you know exactly what goes in it and can control how sweet it is. We like to keep the cocoa powder to sugar ratio at one-to-one for a dark chocolatey mix that is rich and smooth and not too sweet. A dash of salt brings out the chocolate flavor even more.
If you want to give this cocoa mix as a gift, click on the image below to download a sheet of printable gift tags. Tie them onto the neck of the jar with a piece of ribbon or jute string. Your giftee can snap the QR code with their phone to be directed to our HOT CHOCOLATE 3 WAYS video.
- 1.5 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1.5 cups granulated sugar
- 1.5 tsp salt
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor until you form a fine powder.
- Funnel the cocoa mix into a quart ball jar to store.
Hot Chocolate 3 Ways:
- Classic with Marshmallows and Chocolate Sauce. Make hot chocolate according to instructions. Top with vegan marshmallows. Make chocolate sauce by mixing equal parts hot cocoa mix and water and whisking until blended. Drizzle on top.
- Cafe Mocha. Mix 1 tsp instant espresso in with the 2 tbsp hot cocoa mix before adding the milk.
- Boozy Peppermint. Mix in a shot of peppermint schnapps and stir it in with a naturally colored candy cane.