Citrus and green apples combine with light white wine for a summertime Sangria that is a little sweet, a little tart and a whole lot of refreshing.
Don’t get me wrong, I love a good red wine sangria. But there’s something about summer that makes me want to try new things.
Three reasons to try this white wine sangria spritzer this summer:
- Green apples balance the sangria’s sweetness with a hint of tartness.
- The combo of vodka and soda water gives you the essence of a cocktail but in a lighter, more summery package.
- White wine > red wine, when it comes to avoiding stains on your couch and clothes.
WATCH the video above to LEARN this recipe!
- 1 bottle of white wine (pinot grigio or sauvignon blanc)
- ¼ cup of sugar
- 1 small green apple, thinly sliced
- 2 lemons, thinly sliced
- 2 limes, thinly sliced
- 1 shot of vodka (optional)
- Sparkling water
- Combine wine, vodka (if using) and sugar in a large jar and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Add in sliced fruit, cover and store overnight.
- To serve, fill ⅔ of a glass with Sangria and then top off with ice cold sparkling water.