You thought movie theater popcorn was expensive, full of yucky stuff and only available at the snack stands. Wrong. It’s cheap, wholesome and easy to make at home in under ten minutes. Did somebody say game changer?
Movie Theater Popcorn
Author: The Vegan Video Pantry
- 2 tbsp canola or other high heat oil
- ½ cup of popcorn kernals
- ¼ cup melted vegan butter (such as Earth Balance)
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- pinch of kosher salt
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium high heat.
- Drop in two tester kernals and cover the pot. When you hear one or both of them pop, it’s go time.
- Dump the rest of the kernals into the pot and cover, leaving a little crack so that the air can escape and your popcorn doesn’t get soggy.
- Hold on tight to the lid as you shake the pot, listening to the corns do their thang.
- When you hear no more popping and the popcorn is pushing up against the lid, remove the pan from the heat and dump into a large bowl.
- Drizzle with melted vegan butter, sprinkle with nutritional yeast and salt, then mix with a spoon or your hands.
Best if served fresh!
[…] Movie Theater Popcorn from The Vegan Video Pantry […]